View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #43
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Brain, many of the emotions you feel are a VOLUNTARY action. You choose to get on this board and get upset. You choose to love someone or not. You choose many days how you will feel that day. It's not involuntary. They may start off that way, but it's a conscious choice what direction they will take. It is a decision you can make. You have made a decision to feel the way that you do. You could change many of them if you choose to. Life has hardened you to many things. I get that and am sorry for you that it has. I do look forward to the day when something changes for you though and you can know wonderful joy.

You are confusing the action that causes an emotional response with the emotion itself.

Of course I can control my exposure to subject matter I find upsetting, but that in no way shape or form means that I will never again be upset. Let me show you the error in your thinking, if someone cuts me off in traffic, is the anger I feel my fault because I chose to drive my car that day?

You see, TB, it's possible to avoid known situations, it is and most likely always will be impossible to fully control ones emotions.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote