View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
Before moving to S'port, lived in Omaha (another USAF base as a prime target). Well, as my Dad relayed the story - a neighbor down the street (boy was a friend of mine, Bruce) somehow got the US Gov to supply him a huge gas powered backup generator and enhanced shortwave (HAM) radio set in his basement and big antennae. Some sort of civil defense program at the time it seems. I didn’t know it at the time but my friend’s dad was also the son (or grandson) of the founder of Omaha Steaks and now part of the company.

... looking for my photos of the air raid siren on the Broadmoor JHS campus... they used to test them something like noon on Saturday's right? Wonder when that stopped. It was such a reminder of the era. Also recall drills at South Highlands Elem. where we'd go into the hallways, sit, and cover our faces... something like that.
That horn was on Akard just east of the Broddmorr JHS campus. It would blow at noon on Saturday. It would be great if you had a photo of that snap shot of time.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote