View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #24
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Heh, ignorance.

I can even accept that some people can just believe that there is a sapient creator, that they just "know" it to be true, but to believe a specific, man-made story like any of the major religions is ridiculous for an adult.

"I believe that a God sent his son to earth in the form of a human so that we could kill him to save ourselves from the wrath of our omnipotent creator that, for some reason, granted us free will and then punished us for exercising it in a way he didn't like."

"why do you believe that?"

"Because of...ummm....all the...uhh...evidence that says it's true. There's a book and everything! Mine is the right one, though, all the other religions with books and even longer histories are false. I also believe this book to be literally true to the letter, even though it has been re-translated hundreds of times and changed to suit the whims of Kings and clergy."
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote