View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 09:02 AM   #70
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 224 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
When I was little, we used to camp out alot- by the time I was 10 or 11 we decided we would build our own cabin. So, with hatchet, axe, and saw, we started taking down small trees. We built a frame and then nailed the saplings as close together as we could. We then filled the cracks with mud, and gathered some old rusty barn tin for the roof. I remember my friend Joe was very particular about picking the right site for "the cabin", so we built it right next to a creek about 50 feet from flat river. we added a rope swing and some homemade benches around the fire area. My fondest childhood memories were made right there with good friends- two of wich died in high school. Here is a picture of "the cabin". circa '82-'83
I should have re-scanned that photo-
I remember those fort building days. Seems like the only thing your fort was missing was a bridge across the creek. We had woods full of trails. If you were observant enough you sometimes would see a black plastic bag hanging in a tree or tucked away under a bush. Inside was usually a penthouse or hustler
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote