View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 AM   #6
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I hadnt even read the article yet and I KNEW they'd play the race card!

What part of the rule did they not understand? If youre walking around with your underwear showing or your ballcap on askew you will be asked to leave, end of story! Being black doesnt have a damn thing to do with it, but lets cut right thru the crap and admit its mostly blacks that dress that way. Frankly, people are tired of seeing this sort of thing. I know they had problems at Pierre Bossier Mall with groups of similarly dressed teens and young adults sitting on the plantars in the middle of the walkways with their legs stretched out so that shoppers have to step over them, as if daring someone to say something about it. I used to work as a security guard at South Park Mall, and I can tell you this sort of thing is exactly what led to that mall's demise. People go to malls with their families to shop and have a good time, not to encounter a bunch of shiftless worthless malcontents with chips on their shoulders looking to start something. Lets show our support for the security guards and police officers that do a damn fine job of keeping the riff-raff in check at all of our public areas. I visited the boardwalk myself for the very first time last weekend, and I was as impressed as hell with the high-profile presence of Bossier City's finest. Dont be afraid to walk up to these folks and let them know you appreciate them.

Now, I DO have a problem with rule#12 which states that no weapons will be allowed, regardless of whether the bearer has a permit. This is the height of idiocy if you think about it. First of all, that rule isnt going to deter the bad guys from carrying weapons. And for that reason and that reason alone the rule should be scrapped. Because sure as hell, when some nutcase decides to go on a shooting spree there, itll be at the exact moment that the police and security types are at the other side of the boardwalk, and by the time they make their way to that location itll be too damn late to do anything about all the dead bystanders. See, theres something you all need to understand about the police and that is that they are a REACTIONARY force. Once in a while they prevent bad things from happening, but they usually get there after the damage has been done. Security guards are a PROPHYLACTIC force, but its hard to tell who the bad guys are until they show their hands(and by "bad" I dont mean some punk with his hat on backwards and showing off his panties, I mean the really dangerous ones). I know what Im talking about because Ive been a security guard for about 13 years now. Thats why I carry a concealed handgun with me EVERYWHERE I go. I even applied for and purchased a permit that allows me to have the weapon concealed on my person. Each applicant for these permits has his/her background checked out thoroughly and is given a block of instruction(classroom and range) on the rules and regulations of concealed weapons carry. I took the time and expense to do this because (1.) as a law-abiding citizen I wanted to exercise my 2nd amendment rights and NOT get arrested for doing so and (2.) because since I dont rate having a Secret Service detail surrounding me, I know damn good and well that I cant count on someone else to protect myself and my loved ones 24/7. So lets not throw the baby out with the bath water here.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 09-14-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote