View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Maybe he never made any money with his gas station because he's not very smart or a very good businessman. As evidence of his this I offer the above story, in which he thinks those actions will somehow affect gas prices.

>Maria McClory, 38, drove 10 miles out of her way to buy a diet soda from Pollack's station after seeing local television coverage of the protest.

Hahahaha. She used extra gas (that she will have to replace by purchasing from a gas station) to support a "protest" that doesn't have any effect.

If he sells about 3,500 gallons a day, how is he losing $1,500 by shutting down? He makes 43 cents per gallon? That doesn't sound like a "razor-thin" margin to me.

>The company usually makes 8 to 12 cents per gallon

That's $280-420 per day for a business that requires very little work/effort. The recurring non-capital expenses are all inside the building. That's $102-153,000 a year. I think that will pay the note on a gas station in Wisconsin.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote