View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #20
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My trip to Farmers Market

Isaac-Saxxon, it was haught! Yes I was sweating, but it was worth it. I arrived home with some cut honey comb, tomatos, lady creme peas, pickles, salsa, and a loaf of jalopena cheese bread made fresh this morning by a dude from Australia. So I guess it was worth it. Oh yes, and I came home with pictures.

Picture of the plaza:

Click image for larger version

Name:	plaza.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	803

I met Billy Hummer who is a really nice guy. he was serving samples BBQ beef using his honey BBQ sauce made with longhorn beef from the booth next door to him. I mean to tell you it was awesome. I wanted to buy a pint of it to take home for supper, but it was just a sample on a cracker to feature his sauce and his neighbors longhorn beef. I would have to buy some beef and some BBQ sauce and make it myself. I'm too lazy for that. Billy let me take his picture. LOL, he sure is getting lots of exposure on shreveport.com.

Name:	hummer.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	801

This was one of my favorite booths. It was almost all "heirloom tomatos". I had no idea what they were at first. Freaky things in all shapes, sizes, and colors. I bought a pint of brown cherry tomatos cause I liked how the sample tasted. (more burgundy in color)

Name:	toms.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	804

Cool pic of blueberries. I'm no photographer but accidents do happen!

Name:	blue.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	800

Ruston Peaches!!

Name:	peach.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	802

And even some veggies!