View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #34
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
I never saw Kansas, but I did see Boston a few years ago, finally, and it was pretty cool. I always wondered how they got that guitar sound, now I know its because they have, what 3 or 4 guitarists?? They also had a Giant pipe organ that took up the whole back of the stage- It sounded awesome!
Boston didn't make their sound because of multiple guitars. They did like PINK FLOYD and tweeked their sound through electronics. They used a bunch of tube amps and some how palyed with it to get that classic Boston fuzz sound that no one has been able to replicate.

The pipe organ had something to do with their guitar sound. I think that is a trade secret.

I posted on the XM thread about no more killer guitar bands any more, this is certainly one of them.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote