View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
You mention free markets.. seems to me we get burned at every turn on this.. And this outsourcing of jobs just drives me crazy.
Funny thing is how the US taxpayer funded the invention of the Internet for decades through DARPA and other agencies, and now we are being beaten by our own stick in the case of offshoring and outsourcing jobs over the Internet. We gave one of our best inventions to the world. Same thing with Clinton supplying China with rocket technology that cost taxpayers lots of dough to develop over years. Sometimes I feel that the US taxpayer does more for some foreign nations than for Louisiana. Heck, give us some rocket technology! I would hope the people of Louisiana are more entitled than Iraq, India, Israel, China, and so on. And why aren’t our other 49 states more concerned for the last place looser in almost every category of life (including life itself) Oh we are 49th, not 50th in terms of lifespan, the 50th position belongs to Mississippi this year in the latest report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
like IBM is laying off some 30,000 folks in the U.S. and then hiring some 20,000+ in India.. I'm like WTF ??
I called Chase bank (mortgage dept) the other day because they stopped paying my homeowners insurance for some reason, and I could barely understand the Indian call center agent on the other side of the world. All I could understand was “We haven’t paid in 16 months. Your insurance company never sent us a bill”…. In the words of Dr. Evil… Riiiiiiiggghhht…
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote