View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Every body likes a pretty package, but a pretty package with brains and heart is the best. A smart man looks for what's inside the package not the wrappings.
Not necessarily. Those wrappings can reveal a great deal about the person too if your perception and judge of character is any good. With your rationale, you obviously agree that physical appearance is no indication of personality. If so, the reverse should be equally true.

For example, I would definitely wanna see a picture of a girl I meet online or through a friend before asking her out. Why? Because if she is wearing all black, with numerous piercings throughout her face, and ghost-white skin (an extreme Goth), SORRY! You are definitely NOT my type. Or, if the girl dresses excessively trampy and looks like a California prostitute, you are not my type.

I'm not picky as far as physical appearance, but I won't force myself to date someone I am simply not attracted to, be it over their appearance or personality. There are criteria within both that would cause me to rule out a potential date.

Personality is important too (a fact many people underestimate), but it is no reason to entirely ignore physical appearance, presentability, and general visual impressions.

Besides all of that, I have heard of women who choose their men based on their financial class, their lifestyle, and even their wardrobe. Therefore, women are just as guilty as men at ignoring personality.