View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #16
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Tbelle, I certainly understand from where you are coming from and your rational. But I think the problem is, is that it's impossible to understand the mind of a truly depressed, or broken mind. At least for me it is. For anyone to get to the point of suicide is just beyond my reasoning. Not to mention taking their own children.

Now YES I do understand that the problem does exist for some.. and that people are pulled or pushed to a point of suicide. Even if I can't comprehend getting to that point myself.

And I think Anime is just speaking in defense of these young children, who had no say so in the matter. and were dragged down with this obviously psychotic/depressed woman.

It is just such an horrendous act.. those of us in our right minds can't get our heads around it, and must simply come to the conclusion that this woman was just out of her freakin' mind and she must be evil. Much less trying to give reason or rhyme to it..

But yes, her mind was BROKEN in some form or fashion. how else could such a thing happen ?
You know Latenight I thinking you are getting it. It is hard to fathom how someone could get so deep and dark down in their soul that you can't reach them and that they could do something so horrendous. If I had not witnessed the downward spiral of my own mom, I would not be able to speak so passionately of depression or mental illness. Now no she did not kill anyone just herself but it was the worst thing in the world to see this person that you literally could not reach no matter what you said or did. Until my experience I too was like many of you and had no understanding and certainly lacked a lot of compassion for these people. I believe the best thing everyone can do is to educate themselves regarding depression and mental illness. You never know when it will touch you or someone in your family. Oprah did a show on it just last week and it was very informative. You probably can download it and watch it. I encourage those interested to do so.