View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #19
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Yes, I do think mentally ill people if they are posing a true danger to society should be placed in a proper facility and get the proper treatment. Which brings to mind the biggest problem, there is not enough help for the truly ill and many of the people crowding the facilities are not truly ill.
I don't really have any experience in that subject. I don't claim to be an expert in psychology, but I'm also not entirely ignorant on the subject. I've had some basic training and refresher courses on psychology and I worked as a sort of "uncertified personal advisor" for a few years a while back.

Don't take it so personally because nothing I've said here applies to your mother, TBelle. I sincerely sympathize for your mother as well as your loss. I can do so because she obviously had problems that got the better of her and she didn't get the help she needed.

However, someone who takes the life of a child is someone I am far less capable of having sympathy for.