View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 08:57 PM   #25
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
Wow! I can honestly say I have never been accused of "drinking the Kool Aid". I find it insulting that you are critical of my background knowledge of mental illness/depression or Anime's without truly knowing that. I don't think I am the one who has made assumptions here.

In spite of that, we are entitled to our opinions and to expressing them here in sincerity of heart just as you are. As stated so many times on these posts, different does not equal wrong. I am constantly learning and forming my views when I read the variety of posts that come up. I am careful to say that I agree/disagree, but never am I critical of the person posting. That would show extreme immaturity - much like discussing your tan lines. We all add value to the discussion. Careful with criticism. It can be very destructive.

Mental illness or not, one is responsible for his/her actions. My reaction is shock and grief for the children who were robbed of any chance of loving and laughing and seeing tomorrow's sunrise. For them and for their families, my heart breaks.
Well Sheba dear I guess you need to go back and read the post don't you? I didn't criticize your background knowledge of mental illness did I? I encouraged you to educate yourself on the subject. There is a difference. No assumption was made by me on behalf of any knowledge that you may or may not have.

You may think you have not been critical of people in your posts but you just got started did you not? I guess it smarts to have your toes stepped on and to have someone disagree so strongly with you. There is a quite a distinction between disagreeing with someone and criticism. It's time to learn the difference.

Our legal system does not hold mentally ill people "responsible" for their actions in the same manner a normal person is held accountable. There are times when these people truly do not understand their own actions. You still can not seem to grasp that point. It does not excuse the action nor the horrendous deed done to these precious children, but it's the reality of the situation when a mentally ill mother or father does not get the proper treatment. Until our society which includes people like you begin to understand, recognize, and lobby for more help for the mentally ill these situations will continue to play out over and over again.