View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Latenight it was a good ramble!

I don't want you to think that I find her actions acceptable or that I am ok with them. I am not by no stretch. In our world more than 29 nations do not even allow the death penalty handed out to mothers who kill children if they are mentally ill. This must tell you something about how serious some people do take this and the thought process many have put into it. Serious research has been done on mothers and depression which is very much the reason why these countries do not allow the harshest of punishments. It is a hard, hard thing to comprehend and understand. I don't fully get it but I do understand it more now than I did a year ago.

I can tell you about the anger. Yes, you do get mad at them. You get very mad but the first thing I had to realize was that my mom the one I knew and loved would never have hurt me so much. The one who took her life was not the one who raised me. She was a very ill person who was hurting so much deep in her soul that she thought she was doing the right thing for herself and her children. It all sounds so strange I am sure but it is the way these people think. Lots of these mothers think they are "saving" their children by killing them. To me ultimately what I have learned is that mental illness is very real and one of the most difficult diseases to deal with. I routinely watch a cancer doctor treating his patients and it does not appear to be nearly so difficult as the mentally ill. This has all been my "take" on it and I have sure appreciated yours and Anime's discussion and what you've brought to the table. I am sure we can all take something from this and learn from it.