View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #59
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 262 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
If you side with ascension without even learning about reincarnation, then you kinda prove my point. I'm not going to accuse anyone of being a spoonfed Christian, though, but they are out there. You'd be amazed how many people brought up in Christian homes never even considered learning about another religion, be it Paganism, Buddhism, Muslim or any other world religion. I've known my fair share of Christians here in the South that not only have no interest in world religion, but consider having such topics in their presence highly offensive. I, myself, have almost been removed from households just for admitting that I'm a Pagan.

I am not generalizing by any means, mind you. We've all seen how intolerant Muslims can be as well and such lack of understanding, I think, is where the problem lies.

If you have spent the hours you say you have on reading the understanding your path and it has led you to deeper belief, then you are where you should be, nuf said. Still, it doesn't hurt to take an interest in other religious practices. No one is asking you to convert, mind you, but having some knowledge brings about an aura of interest, empathy, and understanding that really helps fill the gap between people of different cultures.