View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #14
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Being closely tied to an oncologist...

I can tell you this that there is never a reason for a cancer patient or any patient to need an illegal drug to ease their suffering. If a patient is suffering from nausea, there are plenty of perfectly legal drugs available to them to control it. Examples: Anzemet, Zofran, Compazine, etc. If a patient is suffering with pain, there are plenty of pain medicines available to them as well. All capable of keeping the patient comfortable and giving them quality of life as well. There are so many options available to a patient. There is no need to resort to marijuana. This is just an excuse people are using to use the drug. I am sick so I want this drug. But it's just an excuse which is just like a butthole...everybody's got one!

People who are sick such as the terminally ill require a very good physician who knows how to manage these problems such as nausea and pain and give them the correct medicines so that they don't have to suffer.