View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 04:14 AM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I do not wish we still had slaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The first thing that came to my mind, and I realize this could make this debate get even hotter, after reading your post Isaac is the Katrina disaster and Superdome. There were so many of that group of people who just sat around PRIOR to the storm that had the opportunity to help themselves but chose not to. Instead waited and sat around because of that mentality of "You owe it to me". That cow has been milked dry and it's time to get over it. The Confederate flag stands for a lot of things for a lot of people. Almost 200,000 people died fighting in that war for beliefs they believed strongly in and if we choose to honor them by flying that flag, then it is MY right. I have to tolerate the Black History month. Where is the White History month? Can you hear them screaming now if that month came? If you don't like the flag, don't look at it. I don't believe that many, if hardly any, flying it today are flying it with the thought in mind of, "Gee, I wish we still had slaves."
I am tired of the poor me babies crying for more government hand outs and saying we owe them. It was their cry for freedom and they are still crying for more because the government has trained them that way. They have more chances at the American dream than other people yet they as a group would rather sit on their butts and wait on that check (public dole) and their fair share program and energy supplement checks and food stamps kind of like a bad child that wants to be paid but not told what to do. What they need to tell them is get a job and stay in school and become a tax payer ! With that said I agree with Al the war was about a lot more than slaves it was about the union wanting to control the whole show. There are boats that leave for Africa for all those "African American" people that do not like our system. I guess the same goes for me I could be headed back to Scotland is I wanted to be a "Scottish American" but I am just a American and I do not need to place anything in front of that !
Texasbelle you are such a southern lady and I would like to wish you a very happy 40th birthday today !!!!!!!!!!
Maybe the south is going to do it again ? We say grace and we say ma'am and if you aint in to that we don't give a damn
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote