View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 AM   #26
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The first thing that came to my mind, and I realize this could make this debate get even hotter, after reading your post Isaac is the Katrina disaster and Superdome. There were so many of that group of people who just sat around PRIOR to the storm that had the opportunity to help themselves but chose not to. Instead waited and sat around because of that mentality of "You owe it to me". That cow has been milked dry and it's time to get over it. The Confederate flag stands for a lot of things for a lot of people. Almost 200,000 people died fighting in that war for beliefs they believed strongly in and if we choose to honor them by flying that flag, then it is MY right. I have to tolerate the Black History month. Where is the White History month? Can you hear them screaming now if that month came? If you don't like the flag, don't look at it. I don't believe that many, if hardly any, flying it today are flying it with the thought in mind of, "Gee, I wish we still had slaves."
Well I got into a debate on this last year with someone and basically I said what you said, I wanted White history month, White Entertainment, All white Pageants, All white Colleges, and damn I want a road called John F. Kennedy running through every city/town in the US as there is a Martin Luther King in each one. If we had all this we all know how "racist" we would be.

I said this before and I'll say it again, I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT MY ANCESTORS DID IF THEY DID ANYTHING WITH SLAVES. WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR WHAT OTHERS DID??????????

We are in the year 2007 wake up america I don't owe anyone of any race anything and if you have one for one race it should be for all I don't care what happened 200 years ago.

I could go on and on on this one i'll calm down for now and go shopping and will bbl today to see what I can add to the fire.