View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
People choosing to be unhealthy is not a problem that the government needs to fix.
Well I hear you there joepole. And I agree. But now that so many citizens rely on the government to pay for their healthcare, then this creates a new problem for government to solve.

Again, this goes back to the "slippery slope" concept. Once you allow the government into your life, it is an open invitation for even more intrusion in the future. Because lets face it, governments rarely grow smaller and less intrusive over time all by themselves without some form of revolution or radical change in structure. So even when I think the government has a good idea, I usually am not voting for it as a matter of principle. I ask myself, should government even be in that business? (healthcare for example)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote