View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Alright Joe, upon further investigation, it turns out that you're correct. However,
Ouch that's gotta hurt to say, especially for a salty ole dog like yourself. But it takes a man to admit when his opponent got in a good shot. I'm rootin' fer ya Al. Whip his butt!

Quote:
In 1976, Washington, D.C., enacted one of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation. Since then, the city's murder rate has risen 134 percent while the national murder rate has dropped 2 percent.

20 percent of U.S. homicides occur in four cities with just 6 percent of the population - New York, Chicago, Detroit and Washington, D.C. - and each has a virtual prohibition on private handguns.

Drastically increasing homicide led Washington, D.C., to ban handguns in the 1970s. So useless was this that D.C. soon had (and continues to have) some of the nation’s highest murder rates.
I bet Joe packs a shotgun or pistol or something... he ain't no Yankee...

Quote:
So, suffice it to say that D.C. is a dangerous place, in large part due to the prohibitive gun laws. Now, ya smartypants nitpickin little busybody, I'm gonna hafta ask ya to refrain from commentin on my posts since you're so goddamn selective about it, ok? Quid pro quo...if ya want to add your less-than-useful .02, you're gonna hafta reciprocate by addressin questions directed back at you, just as if we were conversin in person.
LOL, well, nothing wrong with some actual facts in a good debate. I love to see you two gettin' after it... But I hope you ain't gunna meet at the park at sunrise to cross swords......
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote