View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #17
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela
Years ago at what was then a Brookshire Food store on 84th street at Linwood, not a neighborhood that you would think had the best parental status, I saw a father march his young son into the store and wacked his behind every time he stopped. He forced the crying child up to the office and told him sternly, " Tell him what you did."
Through sobs the child cried... I..I... stole...stole... a toy.
The father produced the toy and told the manager he had found it hidden in his bed and the manager could call the police and take him to jail or whatever he felt was best. (When dad said the word "jail" the tyke balled out loud.)
The store manager said, almost asking dad, how about if you pay for it and have him work it off for you.
The father agreed, completed the transaction, and whipped the small child out of the store.

It had such an impression on me because of the rough neighborhood that the dad cared so much for his son to teach him this lesson.
I'll bet that kid is a responsible young man today.
That was a very nice story and I an sure that child learned a lasting lesson from it.