View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #36
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>you have the audacity to use a term like contradiction.

Of course I do, when you post things like:

"I did not specify freshman only, I gave you an estimate of the number of incoming freshman."
Then you apparently don't know the definition of the term "only" OR the specific reason I did not use that term.

But we ALL know your smarter than that, that's why I use terms like "butthole" to describe you instead of idiot.

Quote:
>YOU chose to argue a point I never made...namely freshman only

See there it is, again. You most certainly specified Freshmen only:

"...have an influx of about 9000 freshmen..."
And exactly where do you see the term or a synonym of the term "only" in my sentence? As I indicated above, there is a very specific reason I DID NOT use that term.
Quote:

>...the "problem" is you're still trying to argue a point.
>A) I never even tried to make

You made the statement that 9,000 college Freshmen come to Natchitoches every year. My point was that 9,000 Freshmen do not come to Natchitoches every year. Then I posted the actual number of college freshmen that coem to Natchitoches every year and you:

1. Stated that this number was not the complete set of people affected by this law. This is called "changing the subject/putting up a straw man argument" because I wasn't arguing about whether or not any of there people were affected by any law, I was arguing that your "9,000 Freshmen come to Natchitoches every year" was incorrect.

2. Said that you were mistaken because the enrollment was higher when you were there, a statement also shown to be incorrect.
I never intended to change the subject away from who the law affected by providing an estimate to support my opinion. That was 100% of your own doing. My sole intention was to show how a law like this would adversely affect teachers in my hometown to a greater extent than teachers in other areas, like Shreveport/Bossier for instance. I EVEN indicated that I used my town specifically because of the special circumstances that exist in Natchitoches.

As I've indicated all along, you're making up arguments for the sake of argument. You've neither argued nor even attempted to address the topic of this thread

Quote:
I seriously hope you're being intentionally obtuse in the hope that it will obfuscate the fact that you're completely wrong to those that don't care to read every post because if you aren't then this is a lack of reading comprehension that is stunning in its magnitude, even for you.
Maybe if you tried sticking to the subject instead of arguing individuals in basically about 95% of your total posts, then you wouldn't be so far out of the loop in the first place and wondering why someone else is being "obtuse".

Remember, no one said freshmen only other than you...
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote