View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #8
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Doesn't say anything about the "authority".

I would also argue that "enemies or detractors" can easily be enemies or detractors from within or own country or authority.
Different dictionary, minor variation in the definition. General meaning still the same.

A patriot is someone who supports their country/government, not someone who prepares to go to war with his/her country over the laws passed by their democratically elected officials.
Quote:
I will say, I'm not quite as enthusiastic as Al is about the 'upcoming rebellion or revolution'. It's not that I don't agree with WHY he thinks this, 'cause I do. I just like to think there's still a chance to do something WITHIN the system.

Only time will tell however.
Interesting that you would use the term rebellion....how can you be a patriot AND rebel against your country?

While I agree with the sentiment, you'll notice that as before, my argument is still with his choice of words, not what he meant to say.

Quote:
Would also add, that our own Patriots, of our own Revolution, were most certainly Bucking the Authority, when they declared their Independence. And if they had been caught, would have most certainly been tried for Treason, and hung.
Obviously you misunderstood the meaning of the definition. OUR patriots were indeed fighting "the authority" England exercised over the American Colonies, but OUR patriots were fighting for their own country, America.....not against it, as Al has insinuated.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 04-18-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: fix BBcode
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote