View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #10
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Scarlett we too have debated this issue heavily in our house today. My 21 y/o daughter thinks she is being treated so unfairly and that the judge is trying to make an example of her. I disagree strongly but what if he is? She's the one who on Sunday prior to going to turn herself in said "I want to show people that I can do this and I don't want preferential treatment". I may have paraphrased it a wee bit but you get the point. Well, she sure changed her mind in a hurry.

The biggest thing I see wrong with Paris in the whole saga is her very blatant disregard for the laws of this country and the sentence imposed upon her. She did not do her community service, she did not sign up for the "alcohol" class, she did continue to drive without a license, and basically just threw pie in the face of the judge and everybody. She did all that because she thought she'd get away with it, that money would talk, and nothing could happen to her because she's Paris. WRONG! I think she should serve the whole sentence. If she needs psychiatric or medical help, well call the prison doctor.
You know if the judge is trying to make an example of her, I think thats great. Maybe it will show the hollywood stars that they are just as human as the next person in line buying groceries. Remember these people have a$$holes just as everyone else and theirs isn't made of platinum and mine of brass. That I WILL PROMiSE YOU. The titanic days are over and if you live in a mansion and I in a trailer that doesn't make you better than me if we break the same laws. A law is a law.

I am totally with you, I feel she needs to serve the full sentence and I assume it's that way now due to her little charade she pulled this week and really upset the judge.