View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
Jvanv

Rep Power: 0 Jvanv has a spectacular aura about Jvanv has a spectacular aura about Jvanv has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Jvanv
Not Just Lefties

Judging from the comments I guess the majority of those posting here would have to include themselves in the group of joiners.

1) Nowhere in the video do Penn & Teller say that the people they are asking to sign the petition are of one political point of view or the other.

2) The point of the video was to demonstrate people's willingness to join "politically motivated arseholes that may not really care that much about the environment but see this is a chance for them to raise money for what they think is a good idea."

3) Penn & Teller never say that the environment isn't in trouble.

Do some critical thinking for yourself instead of letting Penn & Teller (or anyone else) do it for you.

BTW - I hunt, and know many hunters who will tell you that climate change is real, they see it firsthand in places like the Arctic Circle where Polar Bear are getting scarce. Also, for the first time in human memory the northwest passage (the ocean from the Atlantic to the Pacific through the Arctic Circle over Canada) is free of ice, but don't take my word for it, use your computer to do a little research of your own.

PS - I do agree with one thing, Greenpeace should be using sailboats.
Jvanv is offline   Reply With Quote