Thread: BrainSmashr
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #94
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
As I said, it's not about who is right or wrong and no matter what the case may be, it would be rude to debate that issue. Let me ask you a serious question. WHY is it necessary to put any of our beliefs on the line? If I were to do so on this board, for WHOM would I be doing it? It would not benefit me, my religion, or anyone else on this board. Therefore, I have no reason to.
It IS about the perception of who's right and who's wrong. Regardless of the statement being aimed directly at you or not, the belief in polytheism has already been shot down on this forum by the Christian community.

Simply put, they HAVE said you were wrong even though they were not speaking directly to you.

WHY it is necessary to put your beliefs on the line.....you have stated you believe christians to be tolerant of other religious beliefs....I have challenged you to test that theory because I know for a FACT people like Issac are not.

For whom would you be doing it? Well I think it's quite obvious only one of us is refusing to stand up for their beliefs based on a theory they are unwilling to put to the test.

Quote:
You might believe I don't want to debate my beliefs because they are not as solid as I make them sound. Quite frankly, you can believe what you want. I do not put my beliefs on the line because: 1. I have no reason to. 2. It may offend someone who does not share my views. 3. Religion is just generally a touchy topic and its always best not to be the one to bring it up in the first place.
I see, so when Christians "share" their beliefs, are they intentionally trying to offend others as has been alluded to of me when sharing my beliefs, or do they just not care about offending others?

I realize I'm asking you to speculate, but that's because I don't think you've thought out your stance on this issue very well.....not a knock against you, but against youth in general... Simply put, you're reason for believing they are tolerant is based on your refusal to engage in religious debate.
Quote:
Let me summarize and I am going to make this known right now. These statements are absolute and my mind will NOT change. I will discuss my religious beliefs only when they have been solicited. I will not discuss my beliefs for the purpose of invalidating other religious beliefs. I will treat every possible religious belief, or lack thereof, as an equally correct choice for the person to whom it applies. If you, Brain, follow one or more of these examples, your rep might come back up some.
Sorry, like the Christians, I don't believe there is room for multiple gods either (or one for that matter).

As someone's signature once read....I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote