View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #30
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Heritage is important, but not because you're suppose to have pride in it. The point of history is so that we can remember. We remember the heroes and the villain of humanity's past because it is part of our race's fight to earn collective wisdom.

It may be true that terrorists have a heritage of their own and I don't think that is anything to be proud of. However, this is no reason for me to forget about it. I might forget who the terrorists once were.

As far as the Confederate flag, it is as much a part of history as the bullet that shot Lincoln or the antique guns that once fought the bloodiest battles in the Civil War. We are not proud of these events, but we want to remember them and honor them because if you don't respect history and the chain of events that lead to it, you are doomed to repeat it.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote