View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #81
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
What we did in the 60's is alot different than it is now. I rode in the back of a pickup lots of times. I don't fault your parents for that, but are you saying that in today's time your parents would do it still. You say you agree with Joe, but does that also mean you agree about Brokeback Mountain being shown to 12 year olds. Would your parents also show a movie about gay cowboys to children. You preach about the 60's, but did you have to worry about people going into the school to shoot anyone or everyone. No that was not a worry. When are ya going to understand times change, things change. I have one more idea, so listen. Are you telling me that you disciplined your children the same way you were disciplined. Be honest!
No I make my kids run after the pickup truck down the middle of the highway. Sometimes I slam on the brakes to give them hope, then I punch it and take off laughing!

I've never seen joepole use a emoticon (sp?) but he wants to give me a high five. I just know he does.

Seriously your point is well taken piemaker. My reponse is that my generation has witnessed about as much change as all prior generations put together. It is not easy to redefine mankind the way my generation has had to do in order to keep up with all the movements over the last 50 years...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote