View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #88
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
sure, raising kids is a crapshoot.
I worry about them all the damn time.
but at the same time, when my kids were much younger, a friend of mine gave me this great big trampoline. Damn thing scared the hell out of me.. but man did my kids have a blast on it. Allowed them hours and hours of fun, and helped to burn off all that excess energy they had.. but man did it scare me at times.

I've got this absolutely huge oak tree in my back yard, I rigged up this incredible rope swing.. the kids are able to get on it at the top of the hill.. but when they take off on the swing, it swings them WAY THE HECK out there, by the time they reach the other end of the swinging motion.. towards the bottom of the hill, they are a good 70ft in the air. (if I had to guess).

if I could.. i'd build a wall so high nothing could tear it down, to protect my children.. but at the same time.. I have to allow them to be kids.. and be fearless, and do those things only kids can do..

They like doin' stupid **** on skateboards too..

But when they get in my car, they have a seatbelt on...

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote