View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Unfortunately, in many ways, the war on terrorism reminds me of the war on drugs. Both seem unwinnable without becoming a facist state ourselves. Life used to be so simple and "black and white" in the 40's and decades later with "good guys and bad guys" whereas nowadays the enemy is so much more ellusive without any uniform to identify individuals.

This may not be logical, however I lost a relative to a car accident years ago. I know that over 30,000 people are killed each year on US highways and roads. Even though I have reasons to feel otherwise, I would not want to live in a country with 0 car accidents. Life is all about risk, or more accurately, a balance between risk and comfort. I do not want to live in a 100% safe world because I wish to live, period! Peace and Happiness to all!! (can't blame me for wishing)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote