View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>I do believe there were 11 freaks of nature across the field from him last night and he certainly was more than able to conquer despite size.

Florida has one of the largest defensive lines in college football (269 lbs./player) The average NFL defensive lineman is 289. Hester is strong for his size, but was barely able to squeeze through with the help of the Tigers' gargantuan offense. He's a great college player, he won't be an outstanding pro. He would have been awesome in 1975, but today you can't rely on steroids and weights, you need the genes and the bones. He's too big/slow to be a speed niche back (like Holliday) and he's too small to be a big boy in a different position. A 4.6 40 won't cut it for a 6' 225lb. white guy in the NFL

I hope I'm wrong.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote