View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 10:39 PM   #17
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Texasbelle, I think you must after my heart.... I completely agree with you on taxing the educated. Why must I pay a higher percentage of tax for being successful and advancing the lives of my family, my country, and those who truly need charity? This country has created a welfare system that rewards having children parents can't afford, and the less you do the more entitlements you recieve. Believe me, my life would be less stressful watching jerry springer all day while getting mailbox money. Don't get me started on property taxes for the "so called" award of living in the city of Shreveport. They wonder why people move out of the city.

Texasbelle for prez. maybe the middle east would be scared,, we would have a woman with so many emotions swirling they would not know if a nuke was coming or flowers. ( keep em on there toes 40)
My sentiments, too! I have always thought it was unfair to tax people a higher percentage for making more money. There are people who have a trade who make more money than some people with a college education. They work hard and long hours to earn their money, so why should they pay more in taxes than someone who makes half what they do? The rich are the ones that help create jobs for those poorer people, too. If you take all their money away and incentive then you will have higher unemployment.

At this time, I am not for reductions in taxes and I am not for raising them either. Our congress needs to take what is coming in and make a fair budget. The elderly, the disabled, and children should be our first priorities. There is so much waste in government spending that if people were honest we could have a balanced budget.

Welfare causes people to lose self-esteem and the desire to work. It should temporary not a life style.