View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I found the story on CNN. The child is an infant and has a very rare disease. The child can not move, can not breathe on his own, can not eat, etc. The child is apparently suffering in his current state and all they are doing at this point is prolonging the inevitable. There is no treatment for this disease and no alternative treatment. The child is brain dead apparently and has been declared such by a panel of physicians.

I am sure that most people are not aware but physicians don't take declaring anyone brain dead lightly and certainly not a child. There are many steps taken in the process of doing such. This hospital has declared the child is brain dead, is suffering, and all means of saving the child have been exhausted. Now I ask myself why prolong the inevitable? In Texas they have a law that allows the hospital to make the decision to withdraw life support in the event the parents can not or won't which is obviously the case here. It is unfortunate that it has come to this, but so it has.

It would absolutely break my heart to lose one of my children. I don't know how I would even begin to take my next breath, but I do know this...I would never want them to suffer, ever. I would want them safely in God's arms in heaven in his sweet presence.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote