Thread: Stelly Tax Plan
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
One: You don't know anything about my occupation or source of income, so please don't assume incorrectly as if to embarrass or insult me.
That's why I used a question mark when I asked about your employment and tax status. It's used to indicated a question, not a statement, Einstein.
Quote:
Even while in school, I've worked many 40+ hour weeks, pay income taxes, and any other tax related to normal adult living, save property tax. I know that on my tax return I've received most of it back, but not all. How can I go about (even without a job I could do these) pay sales tax, prize tax, gas tax, and many others, but still not considered "paying taxes"? They just leave that kind of money unaccounted for? Or how much do they really know about who's purchasing what?
Because the Stelly tax is designed to make up the profit it looses in "food items" on State income taxes, which ARE NOT affected by how much gas you put in your car, how many cigarettes you buy, or even any property tax you might eventually pay. ONLY state income tax.

The "problem" with the Stelly Plan is that is considers people making 40-50 thousand a year rich instead of middle class and thus, lot's of folks in Louisiana took a beating.

Kid, accept the fact that you are 17, not nearly as smart as you think you are, and the least experienced in everything out of all the regular forum users here.
Quote:
I didn't say I was a huge money-maker or anything, just that I had at first actually gotten 0% tax on food items at grocery stores and restaurants; and if they're only giving those breaks to people who "pay taxes", nobody asked me in any restaurant "Hey, do you make enough money to pay full taxes to the government? Okay, here's your tax break". I just don't see how that's a way to reasonably select who gets these cuts.
I refer you to the response for the above paragraph. My fault entirely....I assumed you had at least a partial clue about the Stelly Tax since you were participating in the conversation.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote