View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
It made me a little ill listening to Blair talk on the air today about how this event could open up new channels of dialog with Iran, yada yada...

I'm not genius but what we don't want to do is reward Iran for wrong thinking and behavior such as snatching soldiers from international waters.

One thing is crystal clear, Iran (among other Islamic regimes) doesn't want to be "Westernized", and the US (among other democratic governments) doesn't want to become Islamic regimes. Fundamental difference in culture, religion, and lifestyle. It's that simple. Sure it would be great if we could all live in peace, except for one thing. The West is at war with Islamic terrorists who do not want to leave well enough alone and are willing and capable of taking the fight to US soil (as was seen on 9/11) They want to force change, and the question becomes, do we provide that change, when, and how? I just hope it is on our terms and not theirs.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote