View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:40 AM   #7
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
The death penalty for anything but murder is a bad idea, you're basically removing the penalty for an even more heinous crime. If I just finished molesting a kid, why would I leave her alive if killing her wouldn't affect my potential punishment at all?
Who can remove heinous from the description of child molestation? When it happens on a repeated basis, which is often, it kills a child on the inside - strips away dignity, self esteem, hope. It involves control over a child so that they won't tell - threats to parents or other siblings and lies to produce that control. Precious innocence is lost for the child on so many levels - a death to childhood.

That is heinous in my opinion - stripping away life in a most inhumane way. I'm with Isaac - tall tree & a short rope. Perhaps a few years at the bottom of that food chain first. Why not take a strong stand against child molestation and be proactive for the sake of children verses waiting for repeated incidents and be reactive while children still suffer?

Always for the children!!