View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #23
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You must drink the cool aid somewhere Sheba. You know what I would encourage you and Anime to do is study depression and study mental illness before you make assumptions. You might be surprised at how well these people can fool you sometimes. One moment they are fine and appear very normal and it is the next second they are taking their life. Yes, it was inhumane what she did but I think it is very safe to assume she was not in a normal state of mind. What normal state of mind would do this?
Wow! I can honestly say I have never been accused of "drinking the Kool Aid". I find it insulting that you are critical of my background knowledge of mental illness/depression or Anime's without truly knowing that. I don't think I am the one who has made assumptions here.

In spite of that, we are entitled to our opinions and to expressing them here in sincerity of heart just as you are. As stated so many times on these posts, different does not equal wrong. I am constantly learning and forming my views when I read the variety of posts that come up. I am careful to say that I agree/disagree, but never am I critical of the person posting. That would show extreme immaturity - much like discussing your tan lines. We all add value to the discussion. Careful with criticism. It can be very destructive.

Mental illness or not, one is responsible for his/her actions. My reaction is shock and grief for the children who were robbed of any chance of loving and laughing and seeing tomorrow's sunrise. For them and for their families, my heart breaks.