View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #29
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
As a Christian, I pray for God's will in your life, I pray for you to be happy, healthy, and have all the joy God desires for you. I also pray that you will come to know him.

Try it, you'll like it!
You know, it's a funny question with a twist that I can't help but ponder. If you pray for God's will in my life, would your God respond or mine? I honestly don't know that one.

I have tried it, actually, and I liked it for a time. When I was a kid and throughout much of my teen years, I was a devout Christian. I converted later when I decided Paganism was my truth. This was an educated decision on my part as I have had a very enlightening comparison in my experiences of the two. Pagans believe in God as well (and the Goddess), so I've long since come to know Him, but probably not the way you've come to know him yourself.

Again, I have nothing against Christianity. I didn't leave the religion because of any problems I had with it. It just wasn't for me. This is a moot point though, because Christians, in fact, have much in common with Pagans and many never realize it. The lifestyle isn't any different than normal. Many of the holidays we all celebrate have Pagan-related origins, like the one we're discussing here.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote