View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
One need not even do that to get an education. All ya have to do is apply for somethin called "FAFSA"...sure, you'll end up with some hefty student loans to pay off, but you'll be a degreed professional. And if your grades are REALLY good, you'll qualify for scholarships or grants, which ya dont even need to pay back!

Now, as for joinin the military and dyin for your education, you could die any damn day and NOT receive education benefits. Besides, military service should be compulsory here as it is in Israel. I believe everyone should be required to fullfill their obligation as a condition of citizenship, everyone should have to make the commitment, which is only fair. You should be willin to forfeit your life in the service of our great country if necessary (though as General Patton said, its far better to make the enemy die for HIS country), so that future generations can enjoy the same freedoms that you did.
Al you have hit the nail again. I have a print of George Patton and his dog William in a frame on the wall in my office. George has been watching now for about 20 or so years. I love your post once again. I agree let the other poor bastard die for his country and that is better than shoveling sheet in LA!!!
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote