View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Why wouldn't one DVD fit on another DVD? Also wouldn't compressing it make the picture worse?
Thats a great question! The blank dvd s will only fit 4.7 GB,(except for dual-layer dvds) and most movies are larger than that. And your right about the compression affecting the picture, but its really only noticeable if you over compress the file.Ways around "over compression" would be to remove things like menus, bonus stuff, and other languages- Or just use a dual-layer dvd-r because they will fit 9 GBs.

I thought it took "underground" software to do that. I guess I assumed it was illegal to sell software that would allow copying of a commercial DVD. What is DVD decrypter? Does it take two software packages to pull off that feat? I have nero already but I've only used it for data disks.[/quote]

Thats where it gets "tricky" I'm not sure how they can sell the software, in fact, I've never seen it in a store-just online! DVD Decrypter is just another program like DVD shrink, there are many. Some movies are getting harder to copy, so it may take a combination of programs to achieve the same result, depending on the level of "encryption".
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote