View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
But accomplishing goals, affecting people's lives.. what does it all mean? Those people that you help, they die too, and so do their ancestors, and eventually there has to be an end to the cycle.
What does it all mean? Do you believe in eternal life after death? If you do, then those people you help will remember it forever, right? The same goes for those you screw over. They will remember you forever too. That is the meaning of it all - helping, loving, and sharing with one another... (or not)

Now true, if there is no life after death, then maybe there wouldn't be as much meaning to living flesh. If that is what you believe, then why wake up in the morning? Why study to become a doctor, because 100% of your patients are going to die someday anyway. Why not just shoot yourself and get it over with quick rather than work hard and struggle in life? Because life is precious and it does have meaning.

Perhaps this is another way to put it. In my daily life if I have the chance, I hold the door open for someone entering right after me. Why? Because it feels good to do something nice for somebody, even if it is just a very small jesture. Now imagine the feeling of doing something big like actually saving a life. If you can't, then it is time to start holding the door open for others.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote