View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #44
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
I didn't realize this.. but what is really going to do this girl in.. is the fact that another student got a hold of one of the midols. Regardless of whether or not she gave it to the other student, or the other student simply "took it" from her.

Other than that.. I do have a problem with these "absolute" rules. you're telling me.. for example, a straight A student. comes to school with an aspirin , they could get expelled.. I just don't see that being in the best interest of the student.

If it's happened multiple times.. or they are "handing out" pills.. then sure, that's a problem.

They have another rule, a kid gets in a fight, they get suspended.. PERIOD. My oldest son.. who is neither big, nor a bully, nor does he have a temper, and who KNOWS not to get in fights.. has had on an occasion to DEFEND himself... witnessed by multiple eye witnesses.. still got suspended. I mean, what is a father to do.. I couldn't even get mad at him.. even the principal said he didn't start it. But if some other kid is going to start throwing punches.. I can't with a straight face tell my kid to take off RUNNING to go TELL .. you know what I mean ??
That seems to be similar to the self mutually assured destruction (MAD) policy that we had with the USSR in the nuclear arms race. It really doesn't matter who starts it, both parties loose.......... all parties loose.....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote