View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #113
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Latest Bi-otch
When you make an appointment with someone and you're left sitting in waiting area long passed your appointment. I had an appointment today for 10:00, at 10:30 I'm still waiting. You go to the doctor for a 9:00 appointment at 10:00 you're still waiting to get in the back and once you get in the back you wait some more. What is the purpose of appointments, the people act as if their time is more important than yours and you are paying them. What if I made appointments with people to come to my house and I had them to wait in the living room for a hour or two while I cleaned before dealing with them.
Ok, let me defend the doctors here. The problem with the whole appointment thing is this. Most doctors try and schedule their patient's in certain time increments. A lot do this based on the particular issue you are coming in for or base it on whether you are an established patient, etc. So imagine this, Patient Ava tells the receptionist when she schedules her appointment that she is just coming in for a ear ache. However when she gets in the room with the doctor (who thinks this will be short and his recept. scheduled 15 minutes or so) Patient Ava tells doctor I have an ear ache, indigestion, diarrhea, my toe hurts, and a whole list comes spewing out. By the time he finishes with her, he is running 15-20 minutes behind. This is how a doctor ends up leaving you waiting. It's not something he did or his staff, it's typically some patient in front of you. There is no way to accurately predict that a doctor can and will get to you in a timely fashion. I do know a whole lot of doctors and know that most try to get to you as quickly as possible. They don't like to leave people waiting. There are exceptions to this but not many. If you are seeing a surgeon or the such, there schedules are the most unpredictable. You must be patient with them and know that you will likely wait particularly if you are seeing them on the same day that they've done surgery.

I hope this helps you be a little patient with the docs. They really do try hard to do a good job for you.