View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I probably shouldn’t jump in, but what the heck.

Quote:
Think about how many people die each year from guns ?
True, but at the same time, how many lives are saved each year from guns? The good often comes with the bad and vice versa. It looks to me like Dictators love unarmed citizens. And so do robbers and rapists. It is like our highway system. 30,000 people die each year in car accidents, but should we stop driving or make it illegal? Those 30k people die so that the remaining 200M can live and drive freely.

Quote:
I think that those Saturday night specials kill a bunch of people and illegal guns sales cause a whole bunch of problems in America.
Drugs also kill a bunch of people and illegal drug sales cause a lot of problems. But after all, it is ILLEGAL (which evidently doesn’t stop it from happening) Same with guns. The reason clichés are popular is that they are often true. If guns were outlawed only outlaws would have guns.

Quote:
One other thing from your post it looks like you think all Democrats are bad. I think there are people that just want to give peace a chance. I see now that Saddam has posted a letter that is saying that we should all try to get along. I am tired of the fighting and that goes for Rep and Dems and all the race wars too. Let us hope that 2007 will be the year of peace at last.
I too would like to see peace on earth. But how is this achieved? How does someone end War? By laying down arms? By failing to fight? Or by fighting and having a clear winner and looser? It seems that one lesson of WWII is that the only answer to War is to fight to win (or loose). The middle ground results in a Korea type situation if you ask me. And that really sucks if you happen to live in North Korea.

Just a few thoughts if you please. I really don’t see myself as a republican or democrat.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote