View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab
Our government is spending that in one week to police a civil war between Islamic factions.
I see your point regarding "civil war". But the problem as I see it is that the Islamic factions seem to ignore/cross national borders, as religion often does. What role does Iran and Syria play in this whole affair? If the answer is not good, then it becomes an issue of national security for many countries. Sometimes I think we are fighting a proxy war with Iran already right now, sort of like we fought a cold war with Russia behind the scenes back when I was growing up. Let's hope I'm wrong or else if I'm right, the outcome is the same. Should we be fighting this war to begin with? My observation is that a lot of Christians say yes, and most others say no, although that is just an average observation without proof. I can't remember how many people were upset over all the $MM we spent racing the USSR with nukes and space flights. But at least religious ideology seems to take a back seat to political ideology back then. Or at least things seemed much simplier.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote