View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #29
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
The point here is that the laws we live by where handed down from the Bible. You may choose to believe different and that is your right purchased by many a brave Christian soldier. I can see why you "may" think the way you do because you may have never had a chance to read with understanding from the Word of God. I do not agree with you joepole on this but I respect your post you are a well educated man in some areas.
I am mostly in agreement with you. Re: the laws we live by were handed down from the Bible. But the Bible is two parts, the old and new testiments. IMHO, I think basic laws come from the old testiment (eye for an eye sort of thing), rather than the new testiment (forgive, turn the other cheek, etc.)

LOL, imagine for a moment if christians were as successful as muslims when it comes to combining church and state. What if state law was based on the teachings of Jesus. LOL, what a stretch of the imagination that would be. All the accident lawyers would be out of work while people forgave each other for accidents, and the community gave of themselves to provide for any need that arose out of the event. (because they have to or be fined or tortured) I think that is one of the things that makes the teachings of Jesus so unique. It is ridiculous and makes no sense to try to make a "state" out of the life principles He taught. By default, I think Christianity must be a good religion to have around if you really want to keep separate church and state.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote