View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Different dictionary, minor variation in the definition. General meaning still the same.

A patriot is someone who supports their country/government, not someone who prepares to go to war with his/her country over the laws passed by their democratically elected officials.

Interesting that you would use the term rebellion....how can you be a patriot AND rebel against your country?

While I agree with the sentiment, you'll notice that as before, my argument is still with his choice of words, not what he meant to say.

Obviously you misunderstood the meaning of the definition. OUR patriots were indeed fighting "the authority" England exercised over the American Colonies, but OUR patriots were fighting for their own country, America.....not against it, as Al has insinuated.
NO I didn't misunderstand anything. and I think I'll just agree to disagree with you. for I feel that someone can most definitely be a Patriot, he can most definitely love his country, but he doesn't have to believe in the "powers that be"
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote