Thread: BrainSmashr
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #93
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
As far as I can tell, BrainSmashR is here to either push the scientific angle while simultaneously invalidating belief in a divine entity...OR...he is looking for someone who can provide him with a logical means of validating religion for him to grasp onto. His purpose here may be both of these. I'm just guessing based on what I've seen of his behavior, nothing more. With that said, here's my take.

The problem with trying to invalidate religious beliefs (especially those that are widely accepted) is that such behavior is not accepted in modern society. It is commonly viewed as an attack on religious freedom and is just not suitable for civilized conversation (the kind we try to encourage here on SBLive!). Personally, the whole religious discussion as a whole is best avoided.

As for his second purpose, Brain seems to seek someone who can logically validate religion to him. To be quite honest, if such a thing is possible by your standards, Brain, you're best bet is to speak with a certified clergyman of some kind or an authority on historical theology. These types of people would have much more in-depth and verifiable information than we could ever provide you with.

In short, the religious discussion is really getting stale and it's getting us nowhere. Minds are a difficult thing to change and attempting to change them by force will only create problems. If we avoid religious discussion, starting now, we'll probably see far fewer heated debates, less mud-slinging, and more new members willing to participate in our civilized conversations.