View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
There will be no end to this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodood
Rough Rider, I think there have always been "end of world" prophets and predictions. Nostradamus is one that comes to mind. Maybe you are thinking of a show on HBO years ago depicting a Middle Eastern “anti-christ”. In the late 70's there was the "new age" fad where the earth was supposed to shift its axis and cause global change sometime in the 80's, then 90's, then 00's and so on. I’m speaking of Edgar Cayce and other psychics who followed. I heard that back when we went from 999AD to 1000AD, there were end of the world prophesies. So I assume it is just part of our overall history. In other words, there is always someone who thinks the world is about to end.

My rather shallow understanding on the subject is that the bible says that when Jesus returns, there will be a 1000 year period of peace. But before that happens, there will be “much gnashing of teeth” during the apocalypse. (WWIII?) But the bible also says that no man knows the exact time of such events, and that there will be false prophets. So I take it that you would have to be really really really smart (or holy) to know when such an event will happen.

I’m sure our friend here Isaac would have an opinion on this.
There will be no end to this world only this dispensation (age, or time frame)
and I agree that no man knows the time but there are many things written
in the Bible that give the season. In the Lords prayer "on earth as it is in heaven" so heaven is coming to earth. Evil is rampant on the earth and
it is written it would be as it was in Sodom and Gomorrah at the end of this dispensation, I would suggest Mark 13 and maybe Ezekiel 38 & 39. Persia (Iran) is on the verge of getting her head split in four pieces. See the book of Daniel about chapter#5. Nothing to fear but fear itself Geo !
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote