View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #32
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Man! What year was that?.......Texas Jam- too bad the kids these days don't get much stuff like that. Nowadays, concerts are so commercial, the shirts are $40.00 and the tickets are close to $100.00( for the good seats) I went to OZZ FEST last year @ the Starplex in Dallas and even the bottled water was $4.00
that Boston show was in 1987. even back then, it cost a small fortune.. the slogan was like "Texas Jam - water $4.00"

I remember those Texas Jam shows being a whole lot of fun. Me and several friends would pile up in our cars and head to dallas. that 1987 show was the last one I went to. I guess it's my age.. but going to place like the cotton bowl has got to be the WORST place to see a show. For me, I wasn't going to the Texas Jam for the music so much as I was for the "event" so it was fun. Last time I went to show in an arena THAT BIG.. some 60,000 people I think, I saw the Rolling Stones (1994 I think) I saw women get crushed from the swarms of people moving about in that place.. and you can't freakin' see the band from anywhere in that place unless you want to get crushed on the floor up by the stage.

I don't mind going to see someone like Tom Petty at the Reunion Arena in Dallas or the Starplex, if I can get decent seats.. but give me a band in a small club ANY DAY!!
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote